28 December 2007

Another Year, Another Silly Resolution List

On the first of every year, I list ten things that I've accomplished in the past twelve months and ten things I hope to accomplish in the coming twelve. I don't always accomplish everything on each year's list - it's just something I do, something that provides a sense of accomplishment and hope (and feels a lot nicer than resolutions to eat more vegetables or hate my job less).

For New Year's Day 2008, the lists run as follows:

2007 Accomplishments:

1) Completed the Disney half marathon (13 miles)
2) Saw Josh Groban in concert (and met him briefly afterwards!)
3) Earned my EMT certification
4) Completed a successful English Channel relay crossing
5) Traveled to the Netherlands and London again
6) Passed my personal 'longest relationship ever' mark
7) Moved to a one-bedroom apartment with Aphrodite (!)
8) Made the definite decision to become a PA
9) Bought my first-ever sex toy (oh, shut up)
10) Became 100% financially independent of my parents

2008 Aspirations:

1) Run a full marathon (26.2 miles)
2) Pass the CNA exam on the first try
3) Get a new job which provides medical experience
4) Finish writing my book, even if I don't submit it yet
5) Have a comfortable amount of money in the bank
6) Buy a new Mac laptop
7) Help my family to be okay with my lifestyle choice
8) Pay off my credit card
9) Compete in my favorite Olympic-distance triathlon again
10) Fall more deeply in love with every passing minute

Anyone else got any good ones?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

While I really appreciate the link on your blogroll, Darkside Rainbow may be just a little out of place in your list of "Lesbian Blogs" since it's run by a gay man. Though note to self: return the favor and add LesbiAntics to the DR blogroll.

Thanks,
~Adri

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Adri. The error was really just that my title for the list of blogs happened to be a little too exclusive. 'Lesbian Blogs' has now been changed to simply 'Blogroll' -- thanks for correcting me. :) And thanks in advance for the link! Happy New Year!

Jen said...

Great list. I should do one for myself.

Funny enough, E. (that would be to HER) is just about to start her EMT training in Feb.

Okay, I don't know if I've ever left this many comments on one blog in a single day before:)

Jess said...

Don't apologize for leaving lots of comments, Jen -- I LOVE them! I just went through the blog this morning and added the 'Barbie' post, as well as edited the Nov 18th one, and then I visited everyone else's sites to get myself back on the 'radar' -- and just a few minutes later, comments started popping up, and I was ecstatic! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW that is a great list. I wish i knew what iwanted to be when i grow up. This is a great blog. I m going to add yo uto my site.

Jess said...

Thanks for the support, Smalltowndyke! What's the address of your site, so I can return the favor?